This event will discuss administrative procedures (e.g., inter partes review, post-grant review, and covered business methods) before the USPTO as an alternative or a concurrent procedure with litigation.
It's open to the public and free, but Stanford recommends registration.
April 17 will feature judges, lawyers, and academics speaking on issues lawyers face, and April 18 will feature academics.
Here is a list of speakers confirmed for April 17:
- Steve Baughman, Ropes & Gray LLP
- Judge Scott Boalick, USPTO
- Aaron Capron, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner
- Judge Peter Chen, USPTO
- Professor Dennis Crouch, University of Missouri School of Law
- Andy Culbert, Microsoft
- Professor John Duffy, University of California, Irvine
- Ian Feinberg, Feinberg, Day Alberti & Thompson
- Professor Robin Feldman, Hastings College of the Law
- Judge Paul Grewal, United States District Court Northern District of California
- Naveen Modi, Paul Hastings
- Judge Kimberly Moore, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- David O'Brien, Haynes and Boone
- Karl Renner, Fish & Richardson
- Sasha Rao, Maynard Cooper & Gale
- Clement Roberts, Durie Tangri
- Laura Storto, Genentech, Inc.
- Lee Van Pelt, Van Pelt, Yi & James