Wednesday, May 14, 2014

EFS Web Unavailable All Day?

Today, I was planning to file papers using the USPTO Electronic Filing System (EFS) Web and seeking to show EFS Web is the "efficient way to file." The computer hanging kind of blew that presentation. We tried to upload the papers twice more that morning. Finally, late in the afternoon, the USPTO published that EFS web was unavailable for follow on submissions. I think the non-availability should have been posted earlier. In any event, I have learned to file well in advance of due date so it was not a big deal.

To this some might say "Bob if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!" Okay, but sometimes you have to say something to make things better. And this is my attempt to make things better. However, until the USPTO gets higher availability, I think most would agree with me that filing on the last day is not the safest strategy with EFS Web.

Copyright © 2014 Robert Moll. All rights reserved.